Applicants are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Academic Records
- Academic Plans and Career Goals
- Financial Need (for educational purposes)
- Community Service
- Compelling Essay Responses; Correct Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling
- Letter of Recommendation
- Portfolio Submission
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- Be of Hispanic heritage (one parent fully Hispanic or each parent half Hispanic)
- Be a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (current)
- Be a graduate student enrolled full-time during the previous/current academic year at one of the following selected universities: Yale, Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Northwestern, UCLA, USC, and UT Austin
- Be pursuing a degree in one of the following areas: Drama/Theater, Set Design/Costume Design, Lighting Design, Film (writing/directing/production), Broadcast Communications, Entertainment Law, or Business Administration with an emphasis on entertainment management
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- July 31: Postmark deadline for completed application packets.
- July - August: Application processing.
- August 31: Final determination is mailed and e-mailed to all applicants.
- September: Full-time student enrollment is verified.
- October: Award checks are processed.
- November: Award checks are disbursed.
All materials must be mailed in one package that is postmarked on or before July 31.
Additional Information to Mail In
Additional information is required for your application to be complete. You must mail the following information to the address provided below by July 31st.
Enclose all following items in your application package. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please remove all staples from application materials.
Transcript(s) - See Application Preparation for details.
Financial Information Documentation - A copy of all pages of your current Student Aid Report(SAR) OR, if you did not apply for federal financial aid, copies of your and your spouse's (if married) federal income tax return(s) and W-2 form(s). See Application Preparation for details.
If you are not a U.S. citizen: A copy of your permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551(current)
Please send ALL of the items listed above to the following address: